Certified Sommelier® Practice Exam 2023
100% Money Back Guarantee
99% Pass Rate
The Certified Sommelier® certification is otherwise known as the Sommelier 2® certification, which is the second of four certification levels given by the Court of Master Sommeliers®.
How to Pass the Certified Sommelier® Exam
- In order to sit the Certified Sommelier® Exam, you must have passed the Introductory Sommelier® Exam within the last 3 years. This timeframe can be extended to five years if you have a recommendation from a Master Sommelier® who is mentoring you.
- Unless you are undergoing training as a part of an employer-sanctioned certification program or you have personal connections, you most likely will not have access to a recommendation from a Master Sommelier®.
- Register for the Certified Sommelier® Exam through the Court of Master Sommeliers®.
- The exam is taken over one day and takes approximately half the day. The test is broken up into three components:
- Tasting Examination: Using the Court of Master Sommeliers Deductive Tasting Method®, you must describe (in writing) and identify four wines (two white and two red) to the best of your ability. The time limit is 30 minutes.
- Theory Examination: This tests your knowledge and understanding of the world of wine, beverage, and the sommelier trade. The test consists of multiple choice, short answer, simple math, and matching questions. You must complete 45 questions within 35 minutes.
- Service Examination: This is a practical service examination that simulates a real restaurant environment. You’ll be expected to demonstrate salesmanship and knowledge while performing a variety of table-side tasks. You will be asked to open still or sparkling wines, to recommend cocktails or spirits, to discuss food and wine paring options, and to generally show your abilities as a restaurant sommelier. It’s important that you must arrive appropriately dressed and equipped for professional restaurant wine service.
You must pass all 3 components in order to pass the exam. In order to pass each component, you must achieve a minimum score of 60%.
Sommelier 2® Practice Exam 2023 from Wine and Spirits Masters
This practice test features a wide array of Sommelier 2® study content and narrows it down to the questions that are on the actual test. This practice test will cover every topic and minor detail that may appear on the Certified Sommelier® exam in 2023.
The Certified Sommelier® practice test has been developed by industry experts that have passed the actual exam. Our experts have summarized all of the material into one course that cuts out the fluff and non-critical information to help you study and pass your exam in a more efficient, less timely manner. Our practice exam is guaranteed to help prepare faster than flashcards or reading the same study guide over and over.
Pass the Sommelier 2® Exam – Guaranteed
When you enroll and complete the Sommelier 2® Practice Exam from Wine and Spirits Masters, you’re guaranteed to pass your exam.
- Special limited price of $99
- 100+ Questions identified in the 2023 Certified Sommelier® Exam
- Access for a whole year
- Updated every year with new questions.
This is an online product. Upon purchase of this practice exam, you will have access to the online course. This is not a physical product that will be mailed to you. Please contact us with any questions.
This product is offered by Wine & Spirits Masters. Wine & Spirits Masters is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by the Court of Master Sommeliers® in any way. Wine and Spirits Masters is not authorized by the Court of Master Sommeliers® to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Court of Master Sommeliers® designations or other programs.